Have you recently been told you need to stay away from gluten and wheat products? Are you just in need of a healthy weeknight meal? Why not try this gluten free skillet pizza?
It is quick and you can customize it to whatever toppings you have in your kitchen.
We break this recipe out every other week or so. It’s a go-to and we love it!
Even Holden loves pizza night!
First I chopped my pizza toppings. This time, I decided on red pepper, spinach, pepperoni & mushroom. You can see a separate pile of red peppers chopped smaller that I add to Holden’s pizza so he doesn’t notice them as much.
Then I made my pizza crust batters. (NOTE: if you are doing more than one pizza, get out a small bowl for each pizza and create an assembly line. Then you mix up the batter at one time and then cook one after the other.)
First I added my gluten free flour to a small bowl.
Then I added my milk. (We get a local grass-fed raw milk – Wholesome Dairy Farms.)
And the rest of the ingredients make it into the bowl to get mixed up!
After the oil is heated, I add the batter to the hot skillet.
This got covered and cooked for 4 minutes. Then I flipped it over and added my pizza toppings (mushroom, red pepper, spinach, Organic Prairie pepperoni, sauce, and cheese).
It then went into the oven under the broiler until it was cooked and bubbly.
- ½ C gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ C milk
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- pizza toppings
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium with the coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, egg, milk, oregano, garlic, onion and salt.
- Pour the batter into the heated pan and carefully spread into a circle.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip with a large spatula and cook uncovered for 2-4 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, top the pizza with your pizza toppings.
- Place the pan, as long as its oven-safe, into the oven. Broil until the cheese is bubbly.